Sunday, May 4, 2008

One Day

As in one day before I leave.  

Yesterday I drove Guy and Lola to Greensboro to get fat and spoiled with their grandparents during my journey.  Neither one are very happy campers in the car.

I'm mostly packed, I keep thinking of little things I need to write down to remember.  My main list is getting whacked down to a manageable size.  My goal is to clear town by one o'clock tomorrow, drive to Boone, NC to meet up with Greg Williams and his son Matt, with a stop in Greensboro to see the folks at ScooterVita, and check out the parents and the cats.

I managed to get my desk cleaned up and finish up a few lingering projects.  George and Virginia invited me over for a sending off cookout.  Thanks for the steak and veggies.  A trial run for pitching my new tent in the back yard was still on my list.   I figured out later,  after a few beers and working in the dark would be a good learning experience. 

It was.






No comments: