Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 25 - 340 Miles

Destination: Montrose, CO

Mercifully today was uneventful. It was mostly a green day, more greenery that I've seen in weeks. Utah got a bit drier looking. I hopped on I-70 for a good deal of today as Alt-50 went through parts of Utah I saw a few weeks ago.

There were several miles however that I noticed a creek/river flowing along side the freeway, it looked like it was heading the wrong direction, as in I swear I was heading downhill, but I was actually climbing. This has happened twice on this trip. I guess it's an optical illusion. I even pulled over to stop and see if I would roll backwards. I did. See how uneventful today was?

AMEX has pissed me off beyond belief at this point. Words cannot describe how livid I am now seven times on this trip they have cut off my card 'for my protection'.

I pulled into the Canyon Trails Inn in Montrose CO. Another motorcyclist was checking in too. Paul, seems to be a MSF instructor from Chicago. He's on vacation touring the southwest. I invited him to join me for dinner at the Red Barn. We traded some remarkably similar road stories. Safe journeys, Paul.

A short slide show today:

No comments: