Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 33 - 240 Miles

Destination: Asheville, NC

I wound my way to NC on Hwy 25. In some ways, I think I would have been better on the interstate due to the heat. It was a sweaty 97-101 degrees all day long. Very different than the Mojave Desert heat. Seems like home.

I made the mistake of going straight into downtown Asheville at Friday 5:00 pm traffic. Seems there was some graduation going on as well. It was a zoo. My fan kept turning on and off trying to beat the heat.

It's refreshing to see so many scooters here in Asheville, on the east coast. Too bad there aren't more in Raleigh. But I'm making the great mental leap with fuel prices soaring, scooter sales have to increase.



I decided to call it a night at The Mountaineer Inn. I've seen this old roadside motel for years and years on the outskirts of town. Now the town has expanded exponentially, nearly swallowing up this old landmark.

No comments: