Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I'm Off on Another Journey

Day minus one-

Well, I'm doing it again, but not all the way across the country this time. The Long Reach Long Riders Charity Ride this year will be on the East Coast, snaking along Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm no less prepared for this journey than I was for the last. It's easier for me to pack and prepare, since I made the first of these journeys last year. I tend to start packing in my head a few weeks out, so the real act of getting my act together is not so stressful.

I did however discover in my prepping my scooter for this journey, I have sheared off on of my exhaust manifold studs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't cause me problems, but I have taken the precaution of a wire tie to loosely divert my rear brake line away from the hot exhaust gasses leaking from the exhaust header. I figure I've been riding around like this for along time, so I'm not too worried.

A drive to Greensboro tonight to take my Mom to dinner to celebrate her 80th birthday is a welcome diversion to the 'last night before a long journey' doubts. I really don't have the time stress about what I have forgotten or not. I've just gotta go...

No comments: